The taxi fare from Ahmedabad to Somnath can vary depending on the type of taxi, distance, and duration of the journey. The average fare can range from Rs. 4,000 to Rs. 6,000 for a one-way trip. It is recommended to check with local taxi services or online taxi booking platforms for the most accurate and up-to-date fares.
The distance between Ahmedabad and Somnath is approximately 394 kilometres (245 miles). Road travel from Ahmedabad to Somnath typically takes 7-8 hours.
1. Convenient and hassle-free travel: Booking a cab with Lalubhai Travels ensures a comfortable and hassle-free journey from Ahmedabad to Somnath. You don’t have to worry about navigating through unfamiliar roads or arranging for public transportation.
2. Professional and experienced drivers: Lalubhai Travels has a team of professional and experienced drivers who are well-versed in the route from Ahmedabad to Somnath. They ensure safe and efficient travel, allowing you to relax and enjoy the journey.
3. Wide range of vehicles: Lalubhai Travels offers a wide range for your Ahmedabad to Somnath trip. Whether you are travelling solo or in a group, they have cabs of different sizes to accommodate your needs.
4. Transparent pricing: Lalubhai Travels provides transparent pricing without hidden charges or last-minute surprises. The Ahmedabad to Somnath cab fare is communicated upfront, allowing you to plan your budget accordingly.
5. 24/7 customer support: Lalubhai Travels offers round-the-clock customer support, ensuring that any queries or issues you may have during your journey are promptly addressed.
6. COVID-19 precautions: Lalubhai Travels follows all necessary safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe journey amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. The cab is thoroughly sanitized before and after each trip, and drivers wear masks and follow social distancing norms.
Booking an Ahmedabad to Somnath cab with Lalubhai Travels ensures a comfortable, safe, and convenient travel experience.
1. Stepwell in Adalaj: This unique stepwell is located on the outskirts of Ahmedabad and is a must-visit attraction. It is known for its intricate architecture and the fascinating story behind its construction.
2. Gir National Park: As you travel towards Somnath, stop at Gir National Park, the only natural habitat of the Asiatic Lions. Take a safari to explore the wildlife and spot these majestic creatures in their natural surroundings.
3. Junagadh: This historic city is home to various tourist attractions. Visit the Uparkot Fort, the beautiful Mahabat Maqbara, and the ancient Buddhist caves at Khapra Kodiya.
4. Somnath Temple: The trip’s main highlight would be the Somnath Temple. Visit this famous temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and witness its grandeur and spiritual significance.
5. Triveni Sangam: This holy confluence of three rivers – Hiran, Kapila, and Saraswati – is near the Somnath Temple. It is considered a sacred spot for performing rituals and taking a holy dip.
6. Bhalka Tirtha: Pay a visit to Bhalka Tirtha, a sacred site associated with Lord Krishna’s final moments. The temple here marks the spot where he was mistakenly shot by an arrow, leading to his departure from Earth.
7. Somnath Beach: After exploring the religious sites, unwind there. Enjoy the serene ambience, stroll along the coastline, and indulge in beach activities.
8. Somnath Museum: For history enthusiasts, the Somnath Museum is a great place to visit. It showcases artifacts and exhibits related to the history and importance of the Somnath Temple.
9. Veraval: Before heading back to Ahmedabad, make a quick stop at Veraval, a beautiful coastal town famous for its fishing industry. Visit the Veraval Fort and take a walk along the tranquil Veraval Beach.
10. Ghogha Beach: On your return journey, you can detour to Ghogha Beach, located near Bhavnagar. It is a hidden gem surrounded by scenic beauty and is perfect for relaxation.
Remember that this is just a suggested route with possible attractions to visit. Adjustments can be made based on your preferences and time availability.
Several top-rated hotels in Somnath are known for their excellent services and facilities. Here are some of the best hotel accommodations in Somnath:
These are just a few of the top hotel accommodations in Somnath, and many more options are available to suit different budgets and preferences.
Somnath Jyotirlinga Temple is one of India’s most important pilgrimage sites and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Located in the Prabhas Kshetra near Veraval in Gujarat, this temple is believed to be the first among the twelve Jyotirlinga shrines of Lord Shiva.
The temple holds great significance as it is said to have been destroyed and rebuilt several times throughout history. It has witnessed the rise and fall of many empires and has been a symbol of resilience and devotion. The present structure of the temple was built in 1950 and is a beautiful example of Chalukya-style architecture.
Apart from the Jyotirlinga Temple, there are several other interesting sites to explore in Somnath:
1. Somnath Beach: Located close to the temple, this beach is popular for tourists. It offers breathtaking views of the Arabian Sea and is a great place to relax and unwind.
2. Triveni Sangam: This confluence of three holy rivers – Hiran, Kapila, and Saraswati. It is considered a sacred spot for performing rituals and is believed to cleanse the sins of the devotees.
3. Bhalka Tirth: This is the place where Lord Krishna is believed to have been accidentally shot by an arrow and attained his divine form. It is marked by a temple and a sacred peak where Lord Krishna is said to have rested after the incident.
4. Panch Pandavas Gufa: This group of five caves was believed to have been carved by the Pandavas during their exile. It is an interesting historical site and attracts tourists and history enthusiasts.
5. Junagadh Gate: This historical gate is located near the temple and an important town entry point. It features intricate carvings and is a visual delight for art lovers.
6. Sun Temple Modhera: While not located in Somnath, this temple is around 107 km away and is a must-visit site for its stunning architecture. It is dedicated to the Sun God and is famous for its intricate carvings and beautiful sculptures.
Overall, Somnath offers a combination of religious, historical, and natural attractions, making it a popular destination for pilgrims and tourists.
1. Gir National Park: Located about 50 km from Somnath, Gir National Park is famous for being the last remaining habitat of the Asiatic lion. Visitors can take a safari tour to spot lions and other wildlife, such as leopards, deer, and various bird species.
2. Diu: Around 90 km from Somnath, Diu is a small coastal town known for its serene beaches, historical forts, and Portuguese architecture. You can relax on the beautiful Nagoa Beach, visit Diu Fort, explore the old town’s narrow streets, and enjoy water sports activities.
3. Dwarka: Situated about 215 km from Somnath, Dwarka is a sacred Char Dham pilgrimage site for Hindus. It is believed to be the ancient kingdom of Lord Krishna and houses the Dwarkadhish Temple, one of the 108 Divya Desams (holy shrines dedicated to Lord Vishnu).
4. Junagadh: Located approximately 80 km from Somnath, Junagadh is a historical city with several archaeological sites and ancient monuments. Some highlights include Uparkot Fort, Junagadh Museum, Mahabat Maqbara, and Girnar Mountain, a popular pilgrimage site.
5. Porbandar: About 130 km from Somnath, Porbandar is famous as the birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi. You can visit Kirti Mandir, a memorial to Gandhi, and explore the beaches, temples, and Huzoor Palace, which was once the residence of the royal family of Porbandar.
6. Jamnagar: Situated around 200 km from Somnath, Jamnagar offers attractions such as the beautiful Lakhota Lake, the majestic Ranjit Sagar Dam, and Bala Hanuman Temple, known for its continuous chanting of the name of Lord Rama for several decades.
These are some of the popular tourist destinations that can be visited from Somnath. Each offers unique experiences, ranging from wildlife safaris and historical sites to religious and cultural attractions.
1. How far is Somnath from Ahmedabad?
A – Somnath is approximately 410 kilometres away from Ahmedabad.
2. How long does it take to travel from Ahmedabad to Somnath by taxi?
A – The journey from Ahmedabad to Somnath by taxi usually takes around 7-8 hours, depending on the traffic and road conditions.
3. How much does a one-way taxi from Ahmedabad to Somnath cost?
A – The cost of a one-way taxi from Ahmedabad to Somnath can vary depending on the type of vehicle and the taxi service provider. Generally, it can range from Rs. 3,500 to Rs. 5,000.
4. Are there any toll charges from Ahmedabad to Somnath?
A – There are toll charges on the route from Ahmedabad to Somnath. Toll charges can vary, usually around Rs. 300-400.
5. Are there any sightseeing spots from Ahmedabad to Somnath?
A – There are several sightseeing spots from Ahmedabad to Somnath. Some popular attractions include Gira Falls, Junagadh Fort, and Gir National Park.
6. Can I book a taxi online for the Ahmedabad to Somnath journey?
A – Book a taxi online for the Ahmedabad to Somnath journey. There are various online taxi booking platforms and websites that offer this service.
7. Are there reliable taxi service providers for the Ahmedabad to Somnath route?
A – There are several reliable taxi service providers for the Ahmedabad to Somnath route. Some popular ones include Ola, Uber, and Savaari.
8. Is it safe to travel from Ahmedabad to Somnath by taxi?
A – It is generally safe to travel from Ahmedabad to Somnath by taxi. However, it is always advisable to choose a reliable taxi service provider and ensure the driver is experienced and licensed.
9. Are there any options for shared taxis from Ahmedabad to Somnath?
A – There are options for shared taxis from Ahmedabad to Somnath. Some providers offer shared taxi services, where you can share the cab with other passengers and split the costs.
10. Can I make stops along the way from Ahmedabad to Somnath?
A – You can make stops along the way from Ahmedabad to Somnath. However, it is recommended to discuss this with the taxi service provider in advance and check if there are any additional charges for making stops.
Planning to travel in Ahmedabad? Book your cab in easy steps with us and choose from multiple car options. Get your ride now!